Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vessel Project


 
The medium I used for this project was clay. I chose clay because I like working with it and I thought it was the best choice for what I was making. My vessel is supposed to hold a candle, it is a candle holder. So my process to making my candle holder was that I got a decent piece of clay and I smoothed it out and then I measured how big I wanted the bottom and then I measured how long I wanted the side part so it matched the bottom. Then I scored and slipped so the side would stick to the base. Then I started to cut out diamonds with a clay knife, but they didn't come out symmetrical so I put the clay back to make it smooth again so I switched to having all squares. And then when it was fired I got some purple glaze and I painted it purple.


No comments:

Post a Comment